I’ve been absent from my friends in my blogging group while in the Stampede tornado of preparation, rx marathon & recovery.
This month our topic is a very interesting one: What would you tell your 20 year old self?
So the year is 1994 – woah I’ve got to let that one set in for a minute & think of what I was doing. Yuk! This wasn’t a great time in my life that I could have REALLY used some good advice.
- Go hug your Grandma
- Don’t get rid of so many of your clothes when you get in a cleaning mood.
- Go hug your Mum
- What the hell are you doing with that guy?? Really WTF? He’s not your type, he’s a wreck waiting to happen.
- Smile more
- Go hug your Dad – HARD
- Take some chances, talk to those people at school, go to some school activities, get out of your comfort zone.
- Investigate that cute outrider you met with your friend, Cindy. There’s something there, trust me; you might think he’s out of your league, but guess what? he thinks the same thing about you.
- No man can make you truly happy – you seriously need to figure that one out for yourself.
- Save some $$, you’re gonna need it.
Honestly I don’t think that I would have listened all those years ago, and I don’t want to venture a guess to how my path might have changed if I did. I’m immensely happy with my life: my husband, kids, job(s), family & friends; and I wouldn’t have ended up here if I hadn’t done all those dumb things so I could tell my kids what not to do. How would I know what a good one is if I hadn’t dated an idiot?
I’ve by no means figured it all out & I’m still struggling with things on my internal list of self-improvements, but being content is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
Here’s the links to the fabulous & talented people that wrote about the same topic; that’s what we do every month. We are given a topic & are free to bend it to fit our perspective. Everyone posts at the same time on the same day, its a great way to see the world through different eyes. Please check them out, I’m sure they’ll be much more profound than I.
Andes Cruz: http://www.andescruz.wordpress.com
Kathleen Krucoff: http://kathleenkrucoff.wordpress.com/
Barbara Donovan http://barbaradonovan.blogspot.com/